How To Rock Couple's Therapy
January is a month where it’s hard not to be slapped in the face with reminders of new beginnings, fresh starts, clean slates, etc.
It seems to be the time of year that we focus on change and no longer putting off goals we need to tackle. Working on improving your relationship is usually high up there on the list, because no one wants to go through another year feeling disconnected in love.
So in an effort to help, I’ve put together a list on the best ways to rock couple’s therapy and make some real change happen in love.
If you’re thinking about couple’s therapy in Sacramento and are ready to make some real changes in your relationship, here are some tools to use to get the most out of it.
1. Be Up For The Challenge- some couples come in really skeptical and reluctant. And I get that, it’s really overwhelming to reach out for support and allow a stranger (aka therapist) into your relationship. Coming into therapy with an open mind and willingness to dig in and do the work is going to make it a really successful experience.
2. Be Picky – don’t be afraid to ask questions and interview prospective therapists. Making sure that it’s the right fit for you and your partner is hugely important so don’t be shy here. I love when couples call and ask me about my style, my approach and want to know how I work. If you call a prospective therapist and they’re not willing to be “interviewed” then keep looking.
3. Don’t Back Down From A Fight - couples that come into therapy ready to fight against the problem and not each other are going to be really successful. When you and your mate are ready to move the fight away from the two of you and something you’re tackling together, you’re really going to rock couple’s therapy.
4. Don’t Settle For Mediocre - couples that come into therapy because good enough is no longer good enough are going to see amazing results. Once you are no longer ok with mediocre in your relationship than you are really ready for change and some amazing results!
5. Don’t Give Up – I know it’s hard to pick up the phone and ask for help. I also know how ANNOYING it is to get another generic voicemail, but don’t give up. Reaching out for support when you’re relationship has hit obstacles is so worth it and you will rock couple’s therapy if you don’t give up before you start!
Are there other ways you can think to rock couple’s therapy? I’d love to hear your thoughts, so please reach out and let me know so we can share them with others. Any way I can bring down barriers to folks getting rolling, I’m willing to do it.
And if you’re ready to rock couple’s therapy in Sacramento, then let’s get rolling!! Use this momentum to create lasting change in your love relationship.
As always, I want to know what your journey in love and connection is like. It’s why I do this work. Send me an email, email@example.com or give me a call, 916.955.3200.